The Neuromics Support Facility, a competence center within the VIB Center for Molecular Neurology is searching for a full-time Laboratory Technician to join the NSF team with primary responsibility in Sanger sequencing and supporting quality control and sample prep for all (1st to 3rd) sequencing technologies.
VIB CMN is a highly international research environment, focusing on the molecular causes of neurodegenerative and neurodevelopmental phenotypes. Neuromics Support Facility (NSF) is a competence center providing support, services, and training in the fields of genetics, genomics, transcriptomics, bioinformatics, histology, and cellular imaging. Our vision is to maintain state-of-the-art, reliable, efficient, and flexible support to the main research activities of the VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology and wider. The innovative strategy of integrating technological support and know-how into one unit is to optimize and synchronize the overall performance of the center. NSF sequencing fleet covers Sanger, Illumina, and ONT platforms. We are embedded in a scientific environment and working as technical support in daily contact with researchers, clients, and collaborators across different research centers, institutes, universities, and industrial and commercial partners.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology similar life science field
- Experience in working with DNA/RNA samples and/or sequencing within a research or service environment is highly desired
- You are flexible and have a strong sense of responsibility
- Is interested in working with sequencing technologies and applications
- Can follow protocols and instructions and can manage time
- Prefers working in a supporting, service-based role and is customer-oriented
- Is passionate about delivering high-quality work within deadline
- Is communicative works well in a team, and proactive
- Likes working with high throughput instruments and equipment
- Is comfortable within MS Office, ELN, and database software
- Is flexible and willing to expand competencies and knowledge
- You are proficient at reading, writing, and speaking English and Dutch
Key personal characteristics
- You are well-organized and structured
- Team player and eager to learn
- Positive and energetic
- Full-time position, with competitive compensation package based on education, expertise, and experience
- A central position and exciting job in a dynamic, innovative, and motivated team of experts
- Open-ended contract
- Flexible working time arrangement
Starting date: as soon as possible
For more information https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/j...
Join us → how to apply?
Submit your application in English through the VIB online application tool. Be sure to include:
- a detailed CV
- a letter of motivation explaining why you are interested in this position and why are you a suitable candidate
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our research center https://uantwerpen.vib.be/