Job description – Her / his Job
The research team of Prof. Mathieu JM Bertrand has a vacancy for a highly motivated postdoctoral scientist with research experience in autophagy, cell death, and/or inflammation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for studying mechanisms of autophagic degradation and its interplay with inflammation and cell death modalities, using cells of human and murine origin and mouse models of inflammatory diseases. This research is part of the iBOF ATLANTIS project (Autophagy in inflammation and inflammatory disorders, from basic insights to experimental therapy). ATLANTIS brings together scientists with complementary expertise in the fields of autophagy, cell death, inflammation, angiogenesis, and drug screening/medicinal chemistry.
The applicant should be highly motivated and passionate about driving and performing research and associated laboratory tasks and be able to work independently. The position can be started immediately.
About the lab
The VIB-UGent Center for Inflammation Research (IRC) aims at unravelling the mechanisms of immunity and inflammation for better prevention and therapy of human chronic disease. Several high-end core facilities support and improve our research activities: microscopy, flow cytometry, transgenesis, cell culture, recombinant protein technology, single cell. For more information, please visit: https://www.irc.ugent.be
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology, or a related discipline.
- Minimal 4 years of prior research experience at a Ph.D. level in the fields of autophagy, cell death, and/or innate immunity.
- Prior hands-on experience with cell culture and molecular biology technologies.
Desirable but not required
- A track record of first-author publications in high-ranking peer-reviewed journals.
Key personal characteristics
The applicant should be highly motivated and passionate about driving and performing research and associated laboratory tasks and be able to work independently.
- A 3-year postdoctoral position
- A multidisciplinary and highly stimulating and supporting international research environment.
- Access to state-of-the-art tools and infrastructure.
- Various training opportunities are organized at UGent/VIB to broaden your expertise and skills
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
The application should consist of
- Your CV in pdf format (including publication list)
- Your motivation letter expressing your interest and suitability for the position (pdf format)
- A transcript of your Ph.D. degree
- A reference letter from your Ph.D. supervisor and/or other references.
The first review of applications will start immediately. A shortlist of applicants will be selected and invited for interviews.
The position remains open until a suitable candidate is found. The position can be started immediately.
For more information: please contact [email protected]