The VIB-Center for Brain & Disease Research (VIB-CBD) at KU Leuven (Belgium) is a vibrant and international center with a strong focus on major neurodegenerative disease research. The VIB-CBD hosts 14 research groups and 9 expertise units with over 300 neuroscience researchers from almost 40 different nationalities. Herein, the lab of Membrane Trafficking headed by Prof. Wim Annaert (https://cbd.vib.be/labs/annaert-lab) is urgently looking for a postdoc to continue their ongoing efforts in exploring the role of VPS13C in the context of Lewy Body Diseases. VPS13C is a lipid transfer protein localized in endoplasmic reticulum-lysosome/lipid droplet contact sites. Mutations in the VPS13C gene are linked to early-onset Parkinson’s Disease and Dementia with Lewy Bodies, suggesting underlying common molecular mechanisms. These are investigated in unique patient-derived iPSC-derived human neurons and microglia, combining up-to-date molecular and biochemical technologies, interactomics and advanced imaging, in particular, super-resolution up to single-molecule microscopy and (CL)EM.
We seek a young and ambitious postdoctoral fellow with a strong molecular and cell biology background and a keen interest or experience in neurodegenerative disease research. Proficient experience in advanced imaging, including super-resolution microscopy, is of added value. The ability to work in a multidisciplinary research team as well as effective communication and writing skills and a good mastery of the English language are essential for a successful selection.
- A stimulating international research environment
- Access to top state-of-the-art research facilities and infrastructure
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Minimally 2-year funding is available but candidates are encouraged to apply for international postdoc fellowships (e.g., EMBO, MSCA, etc.).
Starting date: as soon as possible.
How to apply?
Please use the online application procedure.
Additional required information:
- Please enclose a motivation letter with a summary of your research experience to your application
- Please mention the contact details of two references (of which one of your Ph.D. mentors) in the application form
The best-ranked candidates will be invited for an interview.
Profile and selected papers of the Annaert lab can be found on: http://www.vib.be/en/research/...
Further info on VIB-CBD: