The Rademakers Lab at the VIB-UAntwerp Center of Molecular Neurology is seeking a highly motivated Laboratory technician to support the growing laboratory. The Rademakers team is a leader in the genetic and molecular studies of frontotemporal dementia and related disorders with a rich network of collaborations in clinical and basic neuroscience and access to unique patient samples and model systems.
You will closely work together with different members of the team to provide hands-on support in several of our ongoing research projects by performing genetic and cell biology-related wet-lab techniques as well as performing cell culture techniques.
We seek a dynamic individual with excellent organizational and communication skills with an interest in neurodegenerative diseases.
- You have a bachelor’s or Master's degree in laboratory science or a related domain
- You are willing to work with rodents and derivatives thereof
- You have experience with cell culture (cell lines, primary cultures, iPSCs)
- You have a positive and energetic personality and are inclined to take initiative
- You are flexible and have a strong sense of responsibility.
- You are proficient at reading, writing, and speaking English.
- You are in possession of a certificate Laboratory Animal Science Category A or B
Desirable but not required:
- You have expertise with basic genetic and/or cell biology-related techniques including sample processing (cells, tissues), DNA, RNA, and protein analysis ((Q-)PCR, western blotting)
- You have experience with the isolation of primary cells (embryonic fibroblasts, neurons)
- You have hands-on experience with immunocytochemistry and basic scientific knowledge of image processing and analysis
Key personal characteristics:
- You are well-organized and structured
- Team player and eager to learn
- You don’t have a 9-to-5 mentality and are flexible in working hours
Full-time position for one year with the possibility of an extension after a positive evaluation
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A central position and exciting job in a dynamic, innovative, and motivated team of scientists
- A stimulating and international research environment
- Hands-on, inhouse training
- Starting date: September 2022
As part of the VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology and VIB, the applicant will benefit from an exciting, international working environment, cutting-edge science, and high-end equipment, all surrounded by a wonderful team that will make you feel like home.
We also provide a highly interactive environment and ample training opportunities for your career development. In addition, the VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology is located in the city of Antwerp, the capital of Flanders, offering a culturally, historically rich, and ethnically diverse environment.
Join us → how to apply?
Submit your application through the VIB online application tool and be sure to include:
- a detailed CV
- a letter of motivation explaining why you are interested in our work and aspire the position of lab technician
For more information about the lab Rademakers Lab - Home (vib.be)
For more information about our research center https://uantwerpen.vib.be/