The Laboratory for Integrative Cancer Genomics (https://demeulemeesterlab.sites.vib.be/en is looking for a full-time, motivated and technology driven Research Laboratory Coordinator to lead its experimental efforts. We are a young and diverse lab embedded within the VIB – KU Leuven Center for Cancer Biology and the Department of Oncology. The team develops mostly computational approaches to mine the wealth of ‘omics data that can be obtained from clinical tumour samples, most notably using next-generation sequencing. We collaborate on innovative experimental methods leveraging spatial, single-cell and single-molecule multi-omics sequencing technologies (e.g. Oxford Nanopore) which allow us to chart tumour heterogeneity and evolution with unprecedented detail.
- You will be responsible for the experimental efforts of the lab, including:
- RNA/DNA extraction library preparation for various sequencing applications
- Design experiments with computational biologists in the lab, collaborators, core facilities & VIB Tech Watch.
- Introduce, pilot and troubleshoot innovative sequencing-based ‘omics approaches
- Tissue preparation, laser-capture microdissection, or dissociation for spatial and single-cell analyses
- Collection of patient tumour material with clinicians, including record keeping
- General day to day management ensuring a smooth, reproducible and safe lab environment
- Budget and coordinate lab consumables and expenditure
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s in biochemistry, biomedical sciences, bioengineering, or equivalent
- You have ≥4 years (Bachelor’s) or ≥2 years (Master’s) experience in a research lab environment
- Experience with next-generation (single-cell) sequencing and tissue samples is a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- A passion to contribute to innovative projects in an open and dynamic research environment
- You are a creative problem solver and love to tinker with cutting edge technologies.
- You communicate fluently in English (written and spoken)
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Learn and help develop pioneering techniques and tools
- A stimulating international research environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Starting date: as soon as possible
The VIB – KU Leuven Center for Cancer Biology (https://www.vibcancer.be) is one of the research departments of the VIB Life Sciences Institute within the University of Leuven, one of the world’s top 50 universities. Our diverse and international center is located on the University Hospital Campus where it hosts about 200 researchers, administrative and technical staff.
How to apply - Please submit your application online and include a detailed CV and motivation letter. For more information you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.