About VIB Flow Core Leuven
VIB Flow Core Leuven is a state-of-the-art Shared Resource Laboratory with FACS analyzers, cell sorters, and gentle cell separators. The central lab space is hosted by the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Cancer Biology and the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research at Campus Gasthuisberg, Leuven.
The Flow Core offers its services to VIB research groups, and to other academic and industrial partners. We are currently looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic person to join our team in our rapidly expanding facility.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the operations of the unit. In practice this means:
- You provide an operator service for the fluorescence activated cell sorters (FACS) and assist scientists with their FACS experiments
- Taking care of the daily maintenance and quality control of all Flow Core machinery
- Assist the core manager with stock management, data management and the QC program of the facility
- Help in training the users and newcomers on the analyzers and FACS machines
- You assist researchers with the acquisition, analysis, and presentation of their data
- You report directly to the Head of the Flow Core
- Professional bachelor in one of the life sciences or industrial engineer
- You have previous lab experience
- Practical experience with flow cytometry and FACS is a plus
- You have basic computer skills and you are familiar with the standard MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with flow cytometry acquisition software (e.g. BD FACS Diva software) and analysis software (e.g. FlowJo) is a plus
- You are a team player with good communication skills towards a broad international community
- You can work independently in a multidisciplinary team
- You have strong organisational skills and can adapt to different needs of the user base
- You are eager to learn new techniques, expand your knowledge and take responsibility
- Good oral and written communication skills in English are essential
We offer an exciting and versatile function in a fast growing flow core facility, equipped with state-of-the-art flowcytometers. VIB is a stimulating international and multidisciplinary environment. Therefore, you will get the opportunity to gain expertise in a wide variety of research areas (tumor biology, immunology, neuroscience,...).
You will be part of the VIB Core Facility program, stimulating you to interact with different VIB Cores and Expertise Units (Single Cell, Microfluidics, Metabolomics,…) and allowing you to build a career track (from research technician to technology expert) and/or to be cross-trained in different technologies depending on your interests and ambitions.
We offer a full time employment with an open-ended contract and a competitive compensation package. Salary will be based on expertise and experience.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
The job application can be in English or Dutch and should contain a motivation letter, a CV and if possible one or two references.