The De Strooper Lab (The Laboratory for the Research of Neurodegenerative Diseases) at the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research, Belgium, works on investigating the basic mechanisms causing Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
In collaboration with Muna Therapeutics, we are looking for an ambitious and motivated postdoctoral researcher to work on the exciting collaborative project “Advancing Kv1.3 Selective Blockers for Neuroinflammation in Parkinson’s Disease” aiming to modulate inflammation and microglia responses in Parkinson’s disease. The project is funded by the renowned Michael J Fox Foundation, supporting groundbreaking drug discovery activities for Parkinson´s Disease.
The candidate will get the opportunity to train and work in several groundbreaking technologies such as spatial omics (Chen et al., Cell, 2020), single cell biology, and xenografted mouse models (Fattorelli et al., Nat. Protoc, 2021), at the interface of cutting-edge research and translation towards novel therapies.
- Ph.D. degree in life science programs, including neuroscience, biomedical sciences, or related fields
- 3 years or more Postdoctoral experience in a relevant field
- Strong background in microglia biology and in vitro and in vivo research models of Parkinson’s disease pathology
- FELASA B license for animal work
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Expertise in Parkinson´s disease from a clinical and therapeutic perspective
- iPSC cell culture experience
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing
- Knowledge of bioinformatics and single-cell transcriptomics
- A stimulating, diverse, international, and exceptionally strong research environment in a world-class academic laboratory
- A project at the interface between basic and applied research with access to world-class academic and experienced biotech teams
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Starting date: as soon as possible – the position is immediately available
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing previous research experience, and the names and contact information of 3 references.
For more information and questions, please send an email to Ivana Geric (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interested in a virtual visit? Take a look inside our labs here: https://360.cbd.vib.be/en