VIB is an entrepreneurial non-profit research institute, with a clear focus on ground-breaking strategic basic research in life sciences and operates in close partnership with the five universities in Flanders – Ghent University, KU Leuven, University of Antwerp, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, and Hasselt University.
The VIB Communications team coordinates VIB's communication strategy and monitors the worldwide visibility of the institute's successes and activities.
Campaigns focusing on VIB research, technologies, and values are launched to reach different target audiences (academics, industry, press, and the broad public..) To support and analyze those marketing activities, the team is looking for an enthusiastic colleague with in-depth knowledge of digital marketing techniques.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field required
- Knowledge of CRM tools, Google AdWords, and online analytics.
- Experience in digital marketing
- Excellent understanding of social media and best practices
- Experience with email marketing and lead generation
- Affinity or interest in science is a plus
- Organizational talent and can work project-based and planned
- Team player who can also work independently
- Mature person who always remains diplomatic
- Hands-on and accurate
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
- Stress resistant
Key Responsibilities include
- Defining campaign components with the content team, identifying stakeholders to target
- Composing and posting online content for VIB’s social media channels and ensuring messaging consistency across media materials
- Develop together with the marketing colleagues a social media strategy for VIB
- Support in creating a strong email marketing strategy to reach different target audiences. Based on that strategy you will create and execute the email campaigns
- Campaign Analytics (SoMe, VIB.be):
- Interpret analytics data
- Produce reports/dashboards summarizing key insights for designing new campaigns
- Optimize future campaigns
How to apply?
Interested candidates are asked to apply online.