The VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology (VIB CMN, Belgium) is searching for a full stack developer to join the Neuromics Support Facility for support and development of databases, interfaces, and tools used in life science research. The successful applicant will be embedded in the NSF team https://uantwerpen.vib.be/group/NeuromicsSupportFacility and work closely with BioINFO and BioIT members. VIB CMN is a highly international, diverse research environment, focusing on the discovery of molecular causes of neurodegenerative and neurodevelopmental phenotypes.
Your tasks will include:
- Database user support including maintaining documentation of existing tools and database tables and monitoring.
- Developing scripts for automated data acquisition.
- Development and maintenance of web interface and databases.
Candidates with a degree with a focus on Computer Science or Applied Informatics are strongly encouraged to apply, but the position is also open to candidates with equivalent experience but a degree in other fields.
- Able to work independently and respect deadlines
- Analytical, able to troubleshoot, and a strong preference to work in a supporting role
- Communicative and prefers to work in a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in working with relational databases (Firebird, PostgreSQL, MySQL, …)
- Experience with (multiple) scripting languages (Tcl, Python, PHP, Perl, shell, …) Some experience with web languages such as HTML and CSS
Additional competencies that are a plus:
- Experience with Linux
- Keen interest in life science and technology
- Inquisitive and proactive
- Open-ended contract
- An exciting opportunity to support highly motivated teams in an international life science research environment
- An excellent compensation package based on expertise and experience expanded with a wide range of fringe benefits (eco vouchers, commuting allowance when using public transport, bike allowance)
- Attractive holiday system
- Excellent health benefits (group insurance and hospitalization plan)
How to apply?
You can apply via the online job application platform. Don’t forget to include the following documents:
- a detailed CV
- a motivation letter describing your interests and contact details of references (if available)
We screen all applications. If you qualify, you will receive a home assignment, which you will present during an online interview = 1st round. If successful, you will be invited to visit our center for a 2nd round interview.
The position is open until a candidate is found.
Employment start – as soon as possible
For more information: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org