About the VIB Single Cell Core
VIB is widely recognized as an established and world-leading knowledge center in life sciences and biotechnology with an excellent reputation in technology transfer. The unique combination of strategic basic research and a clear focus on innovation & business is one of the major contributors to its success. VIB is highly committed to being the driving force behind the growth of the dynamic life sciences cluster in Flanders.
The VIB Technologies program constitutes the centralized scientific research infrastructure of the institute and allows scientists access to high-end and innovative technologies. The VIB Technologies comprises 10 state-of-the-art core facilities, each with a specific technology focus and located on the VIB premises in Ghent, Leuven, or Brussels. The role of these core facilities is to support the 1700 researchers at VIB with their expertise. Within VIB technologies we have over 100 staff members.
The Single Cell Core is a novel two-sited service platform to provide access to different single cell technologies at VIB. We offer high-quality and affordable single cell services supported by automation. Our integrated approach spans the multi-disciplinary nature of single cell omics experiments, from tissue to data. The core is the go-to place for all single-cell related services and currently we are looking for a technology expert / project manager to support the follow-up of ongoing projects and implement novel methods where possible.
- Support scientists for advanced single-cell omics applications, discuss experimental setup and analysis plan.
- Monitor daily lab activities in the core, ensuring a qualitative and smooth follow-up for the ongoing projects.
- Supervise of a team of core technicians and bioinformaticians.
- Ensure that the core activities across the multiple sites are aligned and integrated.
- Explore novel protocols and technologies in a diverse research context.
- Implement novel single-cell and spatial omics methods into robust service workflows.
- You hold a PhD in (bio)medical sciences, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular biology or equivalent through experience.
- You are familiar with single-cell or spatial biology worfklows
- You have a customer-oriented mindset with strong communication skills.
- You are meticulous, well-organized, flexible, proactive and have a sense of responsibility.
- A full-time contract. Starting date: as soon as possible
- Work place: Campus Gasthuisberg - KU Leuven, with regular presence on the campuses of the partner universities (Ghent and/or Antwerp)
- Attractive salary package and benefits
- The opportunity to become an expert in single-cell and spatial technologies within a strong professional network of scientific, clinical and industrial collaborators
- The opportunity to be part of various research projects and explore state-of-the-art technologies
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, 2 reference contacts, and a brief motivation/cover letter.
For more information or questions, please contact Niels Vandamme ([email protected])