The VIB-UAntwerp Center of Molecular Neurology (VIB-CMN) is part of VIB, a Life Sciences institute with researchers in neuroscience, cancer, biotechnology, structural biology, and immunology amongst others, and an extensive set of core facilities and opportunities for technology transfer. The VIB-CMN is embedded within the University of Antwerp. The center is a highly international, diverse research environment, focusing on the discovery of molecular causes of neurodegenerative and neurodevelopmental phenotypes. Research groups have access to state-of-the-art research and top-notch support core facilities and attract talented international scientists from across the world.
The VIB Technologies program constitutes the centralized scientific research infrastructure of the institute and allows scientists access to high-end and innovative technologies. The VIB Technologies comprises state-of-the-art core facilities, each with a specific technology focus https://vibcoreprogram.sites.vib.be/en. The VIB Single Cell Core and VIB Flow Core are currently multi-sited service platforms to provide access to different single-cell and FACS technologies at VIB and plan to co-establish satellite platforms at VIB-CMN. We offer high-quality and affordable single-cell services and flow cytometry expertise.
The successful candidate will support the service platform to accelerate ongoing single cell and flow cytometry-based research activities at VIB-CMN. As a team member of the VIB Technologies program, you will bridge and align with partnering technology platforms across VIB to support the application of protocols and technologies in a diverse research context at the VIB-CMN.
- You will be involved in the daily operations of microfluidics- and plate-based platforms for single-cell sequencing.
- You will apply this skill set to a large extent in an independent manner to perform single-cell multi-omics experiments for different labs on a daily basis.
- You will apply nucleic acid analysis techniques to monitor library construction quality control.
- You provide an operator service for the fluorescence activated cell sorters (FACS) and assist scientists with their flow cytometry and FACS experiments.
- You will take care of the maintenance and quality control of flow cytometry/ FACS machinery.
- You will support the alignment and integration of core facility activities at VIB-CMN.
- You are familiar with basic life-science techniques (such as cell culture, sequencing workflows, or flow cytometry/FACS).
- You have a bachelor’s degree in laboratory science or equivalent by experience.
- You have a service-oriented mindset.
- You are meticulous, well-organized, flexible, proactive, and have a sense of responsibility.
- You possess strong and precise documentation and communication skills, necessary to ensure efficient and well-organized handling of simultaneous tasks and projects.
- You appreciate an international environment.
- You have a critical, constructive mindset.
- You are fluent in English, a prerequisite to support research and operations at VIB.
- You have basic computer skills.
- You are a great team player.
- Work location: Campus UAntwerpen (Wilrijk) with a regular presence on the campuses of the partner universities (Ghent and/or Leuven)
- A full-time contract. Starting date: as soon as possible
- Attractive salary package and benefits
- The opportunity to develop expertise in single-cell technologies within a strong network of scientific collaborators
- The opportunity to be part of various research projects, apply a diverse methodological skill set, explore state-of-the-art technologies and work with a large variety of experimental systems.
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV and a brief motivation letter.