The Laboratory for the Research of Neurodegenerative Diseases, headed by prof. Bart De Strooper is a vibrant environment where key issues related to Alzheimer’s disease are tackled. We are currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated postdoc to join our multidisciplinary project on the cellular response to Alzheimer’s pathology (De Strooper et al, Cell). In this project, we investigate why some people are protected against Alzheimer’s Disease despite the presence of amyloid plaques. Understanding why some people are resilient to Alzheimer’s disease will help us to identify new drug targets. The candidate will work on the analysis of human spatial transcriptomics data (using the 10x Visium platform), and integrate this with other data, such as high-resolution in situ sequencing data and single-cell RNAseq from multiple projects and models in the lab to prioritize targets for further drug discovery in a collaboration with our spin-off biotech company Muna Therapeutics.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, biostatistics, or equivalent
- Experience with -omics data analysis (genomics, transcriptomics, etc.)
- Able to perform independent data analysis.
- Interest (or better experience) in the field of Alzheimer’s Disease and Neurodegeneration
- Creative thinker with a critical mindset, fast learner & team player
- Good project management and communication skills
- Good mastery of the English language
- Experience in discovery and translational biology
- Ability to collaboratively lead a multidisciplinary project with international and national partners in academia, industry, and the clinics
- A stimulating, diverse, international, and exceptionally strong research environment in a world-class academic laboratory with a focus on Alzheimer’s disease
- Opportunity to work with an excellent bioinformatics team
- Opportunity to work with spin-off biotech Muna Therapeutics
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and global collaborations
- Start date: as soon as possible - the position is available immediately
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing research interests and previous research experience, and a list of publications.
For more information: please contact [email protected]
- Discover our Center and visit the website or look around during a virtual tour
- Follow us on social media: Facebook and Twitter