The VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research, Belgium, is seeking a research associate to support drug discovery projects. The candidate will work closely with Muna Therapeutics, a biotech company that develops first-in-class, small molecule, disease-modifying therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases. Our strategy is based on an innovative, all-in-human discovery engine, a deep understanding of disease genetics and pathophysiology, world-class structural biology expertise, and experienced medicinal chemistry and translational biology.
The research associate will perform in vivo experimental work in our laboratories in Leuven supporting multiple collaborative projects. Day-to-day tasks will include mouse monitoring, drug treatments, and tissue collection and processing.
The candidate will get the opportunity to train and work in several ground-breaking technologies such as spatial omics (Chen et al., Cell, 2020), single-cell biology, and xenografted mouse models (Fattorelli et al., Nat. Protoc, 2021), focusing on pharmacological drug target discovery and validation.
- Preparing compound solutions for in vivo dosing.
- Dosing of the animals (ip, po, iv).
- Mouse sacrifice and tissue collection.
- You possess a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional Bachelor/Master/Engineer) or equivalent.
- FELASA B license for animal work is required.
- Strong background in animal handling and rodent models.
- Experience in blood and CSF collection is an advantage.
- Experience In cellular and molecular biology is an advantage.
- Experience in mouse primary cultures is an advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- A stimulating, diverse, international, and exceptionally strong research environment in a world-class academic laboratory with a focus on Alzheimer’s disease.
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure.
- A competitive compensation package taking into account expertise and work experience
- Start date: as soon as possible - the position is available immediately
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a motivation letter describing previous research experience and a detailed CV in English.
For more information: [email protected]
- Discover our Center and visit the website or look around during a virtual tour
- Follow us on social media: Facebook and Twitter