VIB is an entrepreneurial non-profit research institute, with a clear focus on ground-breaking strategic basic research in life sciences and operates in close partnership with the five universities in Flanders.
The VIB Data Core is a new initiative that will offer hardware, software and data-related services for non-sensitive and sensitive data to scientists of the Research Centers. VIB Data Core will establish an infrastructure for sensitive data, such as human genome information, which will be linked to public health and clinical data. The VIB Data Core works closely together with experts from the ELIXIR consortium, a European research infrastructure that unites Europe’s leading life-science organisations.
You will be embedded in the VIB Innovation and Business team and work closely with the VIB Data Core. You will, in collaboration with Sciensano, a public research institution working in public and animal health, and (inter)national colleagues.
- Co-develop policies and procedures for a sensitive data infrastructure
- Provide legal advice and risk-based assessments of the application of GDPR to the use of personal data in the framework of scientific research
- Conduct Data Protection Gap Analysis (DPGA) and Impact Assessments (DPIA) in relation to the research facilities and research activities of the VIB Data Core, VIB Research Centers, and VIB Innovation & Business
- Co-develop and review data protection policies and procedures on the application of GDPR to the use of research data in the framework of scientific research
- Investigate and manage data breaches
- Act as a point of contact with authorities and data subjects
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in data protection to pro-actively update policies and procedures
- Legal professional with experience in the implementation of GDPR in the framework of scientific research
- Affinity and experience with life sciences and legal issues relevant in that context
- Ability to synthesize legal data privacy analysis into clear recommendations.
- Experience with communication and awareness raising in relation to data protection policies and procedures
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- An open-ended contract
- A strong salary package with multiple benefits (ie eco vouchers, group insurance)
- 32 holidays (incl. 12 ADV-days – 40h/week)
- An innovative, challenging, and international working environment in the large life-sciences network of VIB and the ELIXIR infrastructure across Europe
- Opportunities for personal development
- Our offices are located at VIB headquarters in Ghent. Possibility of homeworking (2 days/week), with a balance between working from a remote location and from the office. We are flexible regarding work location and working hours.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your application online, including CV and letter of motivation, through Jobsoid.