Who we are
The VIB – KU Leuven Center for Microbiology is part of KU Leuven and VIB (Flanders Institute for Biotechnology). We have a long-standing and successful history of translating scientific breakthroughs into impactful societal innovations and new innovative biotech companies.
The VIB – KU Leuven Center for Microbiology consists of 5 research teams performing state-of-the-art research in collaboration with international laboratories and companies, and attracting talented international scientists from across the world. For more information, see our website: Center for Microbiology
The Center for Microbiology is rapidly expanding and we are therefore looking to expand our team with a full-time or part-time (80%) dynamic and motivated management assistant. You will join our administrative team with a diverse role and coordinate, organize, and facilitate the work of our managing director.
- Help prepare presentations and meetings
- Maintain, manage and coordinate the director’s calendar and mailbox
- Coordinate the organization of travel and events (conferences, meetings, seminars, receptions…)
- Provide general administrative and logistic support (together with the existing admin team)
For this challenging but rewarding job, we are looking for a dynamic candidate with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- You are a dynamic team player who enjoys working in a high-paced, young, diverse & international environment
- You have a strong sense of responsibility
- You can handle deadlines
- You are pro-active, precise and well-organized
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, for both written and oral communication
- You have a broad knowledge of the Office package (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook…)
Key personal characteristics
- You are energetic, positive, discrete and a team player
- Full-time (100%) or part-time (80%) position with an open-ended contract
- A very diverse job with flexible work hours
- Possibility to follow a broad spectrum of training sessions and courses within KU Leuven, VIB or third-party
- Competitive salary, extensive extra-legal benefits and 32 days of holiday (in a full-time 40-hour position)
- A stimulating and supportive international environment
- Integration in a fun young vibrant team
- Job is available immediately, starting date is negotiable
- Our laboratory is located at the KU Leuven Heverlee campus, just outside the center of Leuven and serviced by public transport
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online. Please upload your CV and cover letter
More information: http://www.kuleuven.be/verstrepen.
Do you want to find out more? Contact [email protected]
Our institute greatly values diverse standpoints and promotes an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected.