The VIB Communications & Events team coordinates VIB's communication strategy and ensures the worldwide visibility of the institute's successes, activities, and people. As part of this strategy, in 2014, the VIB conference series program was initiated. Meanwhile, this program has been established as a rock-solid brand with international appeal. The conferences and events team is looking for a motivated colleague to support the team administratively.
VIB is an entrepreneurial and non-profit research institute with a clear focus on ground-breaking research in life sciences. VIB operates in close partnership with the five universities in Flanders – Ghent University, KU Leuven, University of Antwerp, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, and Hasselt University.
- Administrative and general support in organizing conferences and events (both international high-level scientific conferences and public events)
- Organizing travel and accommodation of speakers for various conferences and events. On an annual basis, you are the contact person for about 180 speakers whose travel and participation in the conference need to be organized in detail.
- Registration desk at conferences and events
- Updating and maintaining the contact database
- Support in the maintenance of the conferences and events website.
- Agenda management of the conferences and events team
Education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree with strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Teams
- (Basic) experience with content management systems (Drupal, Wordpress, ea) is a plus
- Knowledge of CRM tools is a plus
Skills and attitude
- Mature person who always remains diplomatic
- Strong in organizing and structuring information
- Team player who can also work independently
- Hands-on and accurate
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
- Be able to handle unexpected circumstances
- Driver’s license B
- Fulltime position (temporary contract with opportunity for permanent hire)
- A diverse job with room for hybrid working
- The possibility to grow your skill set
- The chance to contribute to the international visibility of VIB
- Competitive salary, extensive extra-legal benefits, and 32 days of holiday in a full-time 40-hour position
- A stimulating and supportive international environment
- Integration in a fun, young and vibrant team
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.