VIB is a world-leading center in life sciences and biotechnology, known for its excellent technology transfer. Its success is due to a unique blend of basic research and a strong focus on innovation and business. VIB is committed to driving the growth of the life sciences cluster in Flanders.
The VIB Technologies program (https://vibcoreprogram.sites.vib.be/en) is the institute's research infrastructure, offering access to cutting-edge technologies. It comprises 10 core facilities, each with specific technology expertise located in Ghent, Leuven, or Brussels. These facilities support VIB's 1700 researchers with over 100 staff members.
The VIB Bioimaging Core in Leuven plans to add a motivated Microscopy Expert with experience in advanced light microscopy applications, in particular super resolution imaging, to their team (https://bioimagingcore-leuven.sites.vib.be/en). The experts consult, train, and collaborate with users for experimental design, image acquisition, and analysis, primarily in advanced light microscopy applications.
- Discuss experimental setup, including sample preparation, acquisition preferences and image analysis possibilities with users and colleagues
- Provide training for super-resolution (Airyscan, (lattice)SIM, (spt)PALM)
- Support scientist for advanced light microscopy applications
- Follow-up evolution of newly trained users
- Take part in immediate support permanency in the core
- Support in CLEM projects
- Master or Ph.D. in Biomedical or Biological Sciences or equivalent through experience
- Experience in confocal microscopy applications and image analysis is required
- Expertise in super-resolution microscopy, covering Structured Illumination Microscopy and Single-Molecule Localization Microscopy
- Mindset for supporting and enabling science of other research labs through offering of expertise
- Technology minded
- Team player with strong social, communication and didactic skills
- Well-organized, structured and able to autonomously plan and execute tasks
- Meticulous and self-motivated
- Accurate in compiling, documenting and reporting his/her work
- Eager to learn and adapt in a fast-evolving environment
- Good English skills, both oral and written
Desirable but not required
The following can be an asset:
- Experience in working in a microscopy core facility
- Experience in follow-up of life science research projects
- Interest/expertise in CLEM applications
- Stimulating international work environment in a great team
- In-house training
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Open-ended contract
- Competitive salary and benefits
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
Questions can be directed to [email protected]
A complete application file (English) should contain the following documents:
- your cover/motivation letter
- your CV
- 2 references