The Laboratory for the Research of Neurodegenerative Diseases headed by Prof. Bart De Strooper is a vibrant environment where key issues related to Alzheimer’s disease are tackled.
The team is seeking an enthusiastic lab technician to investigate a series of novel candidate Alzheimer drugs. The assays include sophisticated human neuronal cell culture, Elisa, proteomics, and in vivo experiments with transgenic mice and xenografted mice to investigate the beneficial effects of these drugs. The candidate will be trained in advanced technologies, to handle the entire pipeline from biological sample to ultimate interpretation of the data. The job requires frequent interactions with other scientists in the laboratory and will provide broad training in the study of neurodegenerative diseases and dementia. This project is funded by the European Research Commission and is for two years.
- Bachelor’s degree in life science programs including biochemistry, biology, biomedical sciences, engineering or related fields.
- Strong motivation to make a difference by excellence in science.
- Accuracy, persistence,
- Good understanding of histology, molecular biology, cell biology.
- Ability to collaboratively establish and run high-quality experiments.
- Interested in tech transfer, Intellectual Property, biotech industry.
- Project management and effective communication skills
- Good mastery of English language
- Experience with cell culture or animal work (FELASA B)
- Experience with tissue culture, immunohistochemistry, cryostat
- Experience with image analysis
What we offer
- A stimulating, diverse, international, and exceptionally strong research environment in a world-class academic laboratory with a focus on Alzheimer’s disease
- Opportunity to learn state-of-the-art technology.
- Opportunity to work with an excellent bioinformatics team.
- Opportunity to learn pre-clinical research in the area of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A competitive compensation package based on expertise and experience.
- Start date: as soon as possible - the position is available immediately.
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing research interests and previous research experience, and a list of publications.
For more information: please contact Dr. Lutgarde Serneels, [email protected]
- Find out more about the De Strooper lab: https://destrooperlab.sites.vib.be/en
- Connect through our LinkedIn page
- Discover the Center by visiting the website or looking around in our a virtual tour
- Follow the Center on social media: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter