Pestevene is a startup run by 4 entrepreneurs and scientists currently hosted by the biotope by VIB program. We are a passionate biopesticide company working to develop crop protection products. We specialize in protein based biopesticide development.
To further strengthen and expand its activities, Pestevene is recruiting a Chief Crop Science Officer. We are looking for a pro-active and enthusiastic professional, with a strong scientific background in crop science, and preferably industrial crop protection experience.
You will be working on the development of Pestevene active ingredients with pesticidal activity. Your responsibilities will include:
- Initiating and conducting research on target crops to identify and pursue promising opportunities aligned with Pestevene vision.
- Analyzing data and providing recommendations for product enhancement, with a focus on efficacy.
- Providing expertise in plant biology, cultivation techniques, and crop management.
- Helping the team to develop strategies for foliar application of the biopesticide.
- Master's or Ph.D. in Agronomy, Crop Science, or related field.
- Industrial experience in crop protection product development, preferably 2-3 years.
- Ability to work independently while contributing to the success of the team in a startup environment.
- Passion for sustainable agriculture and innovative solutions.
- Fluency in English (verbally and in writing).
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package based on your expertise and experience.
- 6-9 months part-time position, full-time possibility afterwards.
- Stock options to align your success with the company's growth.
- Exposure to a thriving biotechnology ecosystem in Belgium and beyond.
- The location is optionally Belgium but can be remote (the company itself is based in Latvia).
How to apply?
To ensure a comprehensive application, please submit the following documents by February 29, 2024:
- Your cover/motivation letter showcasing how your skills align with the role and the reasons why you would want to work on new biopesticide development.
- Your CV.
We look forward to receiving your application and discovering how we can work together in bringing new biopesticides to the market. For more info or questions email [email protected].