VIB is a world-leading institute in life sciences and biotechnology, known for its excellent technology transfer. Its success is due to a unique blend of basic research and a strong focus on innovation and business. VIB is committed to driving the growth of the life sciences cluster in Flanders.
The VIB Technologies program (https://vibcoreprogram.sites.vib.be/en) is the institute's research infrastructure, offering access to cutting-edge technologies. It comprises of the Tech Watch Core, mediating early access to new technologies and 10 core facilities, each with specific technology expertise located in Ghent, Leuven, or Brussels. These facilities support VIB's 1700 researchers with over 100 staff members.
Early 2023 the Spatial Catalyst was launched, to facilitate the introduction and application of spatial technologies in VIB. The experts of this team consult, train, and collaborate with users for experimental design, assay performance, data acquisition and analysis. The successful candidate will contribute to the team in Ghent by performing hands-on wet lab activities, ranging from tissue quality control, over sample preparation to execution of the spatial experiments.
- Tissue collection, tissue sectioning and staining
- Perform sample preparation for different spatial transcriptomics and proteomics technologies (Visium, MACSima, Phenocycler, Merscope, Xenium, …)
- Train power-users in sample preparation
- Follow-up evolution of newly trained users
- Report your activities to your supervisor and the rest of the team
- Manage our stock reagents and maintain equipment
- Experience working as a Professional bachelor in laboratory technology, biochemistry, biotechnology, biomedical sciences, or equivalent
- Knowledge about various molecular techniques (DNA/RNA extraction, PCR and qPCR, etc.)
- Experience in histology is required
- Experience in spatial technologies is an asset
- Service-minded and interested in technology
- Experience in working in a core facility is a plus
- Meticulous, well-organized, structured and able to autonomously plan and execute tasks
- Team player
- Eager to learn and adapt in a fast-evolving environment
- Good English skills, oral and written
- Stimulating international work environment in a great team
- In-house training
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Open-ended contract
- Competitive salary and benefits
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
Questions can be directed to [email protected]
A complete application file (English) should contain the following documents:
- your cover/motivation letter
- your CV
- 2 references