Postdoctoral position is available in laboratory of Rouslan Efremov at VIB-VUB Center for Structural Biology in Brussels (www.cryo-em.be). Our laboratory studies structure of proteins using single particle cryogenic electron microscopy with particular interest in the mechanisms of biological molecular machines. Our goal is to observe molecular machines in action at atomic resolution using cryogenic electron microscopy. The project aims at developing microfluidics-based approaches for rapid reaction initiation and quenching compatible with cryogenic electron microscopy to study fast dynamics in molecular machines.
The ideal candidates will have PhD in physics/engineering/biophysics or related discipline, have strong interest in structural biology, molecular machines in particular, and excellent experimentalists/engineering skills.
Prior experience in microfluidics and one or more of the following: electronics, microfluidic actuators, microfabrication, fast mixing, optics, programming is essential. Previous experience with proteins, protein purification, structural biology or electron microscopy will be of an advantage.
For further enquiries please contact Rouslan Efremov
- Three-year postdoctoral position.
- The candidate will have an opportunity to learn electron microscopy and methods for determining protein structures using single particle cryo-EM.
How to apply?
- Motivated candidates should apply online
- Please submit: CV, letter of motivation and contact details of two referees
- Closing date: until suitable candidate found