We are looking for a motivated postdoc with experience in microfluidics to join the laboratory of Rouslan Efremov at VIB-VUB Center for Structural Biology in Brussels (www.cryo-em.be). Our laboratory studies structure of proteins using single particle cryogenic electron microscopy with particular interest in the mechanisms of biological molecular machines and has experience in production, purification and structure determination of proteins as well as in engineering, programming, designing and building instruments. The focus of the project will be on miniaturizing sample preparation approaches, which will open opportunities for visualizing biological macromolecular complexes at atomic resolution using cryogenic electron microscopy.
For further enquiries please contact Rouslan Efremov
The ideal candidate will have PhD in physics/biophysics/engineering or related discipline. Will be an excellent experimentalist/engineer and will be experienced in designing, fabricating and using microfluidic integrated devices, preferentially for biological applications and have a strong interest in structural biology.
Previous experience with proteins, protein purification, structural biology or electron microscopy will be of an advantage.
- Three-year postdoctoral position.
- The candidate will have an opportunity to learn electron microscopy and methods for determining protein structures using single particle cryo-EM.
How to apply?
- Motivated candidates should apply online.
- Please submit: CV, letter of motivation and contact details of two referees
- Closing date: until suitable candidate found