The VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research is part of the VIB Life Sciences Institute and is embedded within the University of Leuven, which ranks among the world’s top 50 universities. At our center, researchers want to force a breakthrough in the cure of neuronal and neurodegenerative disorders. This requires a deep understanding of normal brain function and translation of this knowledge into a solid mechanistic understanding of disease mechanisms.
Our center is committed to translate basic research findings into value for society. We are looking for a highly motivated and flexible research technician to support translational research projects in our center. This entails the development of disease targets, setting up screening assays and coordinating interactions with the drug discovery unit of the institute.
- You possess at the minimum a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional Bachelor/Master/Engineer) or equivalent. A FELASA B license for animal work is an advantage.
- Experience with molecular biology, cell culture and biochemistry is a must.
- You must be able to accurately compile and document your work - and help in the interpretation of results.
- You must be meticulous, detail-oriented, independent and self-motivated, yet be able to interact well with other members of the research team, including industrial scientists.
- You are eager to expand your skills in assay development for drug screening and to learn about the process of drug development.
- You are proficient in written and spoken English.
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Open-ended contract
- Starting Date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Additional required information:
- detailed CV
- names and contact information of 3 references
- motivation letter describing previous research experience
For more information: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org