The VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems Biology (PSB) in Ghent, Belgium, is a world leading institute in plant sciences. In the framework of the emergence of interdisciplinary research projects combining large-scale experimental approaches with computational methods, the Center for Plant Systems Biology aims to appoint a group leader.
- Establishing a world class independent research group specializing in combining multiple data types to understand how plant biological processes are regulated at different levels.
- Bridging the gap between model species and crops is another major objective.
- Integrating the new research group into the PSB and VIB community
- You are a dynamic and ambitious researcher with several years of experience in research as a postdoctoral researcher or (junior) faculty member.
- You have an excellent research track record in plant comparative genomics through impactful publications demonstrating creativity and scientific quality.
- You established an elaborate and diverse international scientific network in the discipline of plant genomics.
- Willingness to set up a team where scientific excellence goes nicely together with people guidance, collaboration, career development and feedback.
- You have experience in integrating wet lab with dry lab research.
- You have experience in setting up industrial collaborations
- An appointment of 5 years , renewable every 5 years upon positive evaluation through international peers
- attractive salary and benefits
- Start-up package will include funding for 2 Ph.D students and bench fees for all team members
- An international and intellectually stimulating research environment with committed peers
- Access to state of the art tools and core facilities
- Support in terms of HR, finance and tech transfer
- Support in applying for additional funding through the VIB grants office
- Support with the relocation process (if applicable)
Start date: The position can be filled immediately
How to apply
Please apply online before August 31st 2017 and upload your application including:
- your CV
- contact details of 3 referees
- list of publications
- a two-page statement (maximum) of your research interests and research goals