We are looking for an outstanding scientist to join a partnership between VIB, the Institute for Tropical Medicine, and Janssen Pharmaceutica. Our project aims to develop new approaches in cytometry, to advance our understanding of the immune system, and to support the development of innovative drugs to address unmet clinical needs.
The research focus of our project is on adaptive immunity modulation during chronic viral infection, with a potential for applications in other disease areas. In this project, you will extend the boundaries of imaging flow cytometry technology to enable high-content, high-throughput screening of T-cell biology.
We are looking for a scientist with in-depth expertise in immunology and flow cytometry, and a strong motivation to develop novel techniques. Expertise in cellular assays, phenotypic discovery, high-content imaging, and data analysis techniques would be beneficial to advance the project. The post-doctoral scientist will work at the Janssen Pharmaceutica site in Beerse, Belgium.
- You have a PhD in biology or related disciplines (or will defend your thesis within 3 months).
- You are highly experienced in Immunology, especially T-cell biology, and flow cytometry.
- You have an active interest in new technology development and advancing the state of the art.
- Drug discovery experience, in fields such as infectious disease or immune-oncology, is a plus.
- Experience in the automation of new assay protocols is advantageous.
- Experience in high-content imaging assay development and analysis is advantageous.
This position is supported by a 2-year grant of the VLAIO (Flanders Innovation & Entrepreneurship) agency, which aims to develop and implement new capabilities to study the immune system, in collaboration with industry and academia experts. This position will allow you to develop highly valued skills in an exciting scientific field, and it will be strongly encouraged to publish your work, in agreement with all the project partners. A competitive remuneration will be offered.