Efremov lab is looking for creative individuals with strong interest in structural biology and in particular single particle cryo-EM. Our laboratory is interested in developing methods to study challenging protein complexes available in small amounts and investigation of the mechanisms of molecular machines using time-resolved single particle cryo-EM.
Profile and requirements
- Extensive biology, physics or chemistry training.
- Creative, enthusiastic, critically thinking, enjoy teamwork and excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent experimentalist.
- Strong interest in structural biology.
- Skills of further advantage: experience with molecular biology, protein expression and purification, experience with eukaryotic cell cultures, fluency in programming, familiarity with image processing and 3D reconstruction methods.
VIB is an excellence-based entrepreneurial institute that focuses on translating basic scientific results into pharmaceutical, agricultural and industrial applications. VIB Center for Structural Biology houses research groups with strong expertise in protein biochemistry, X-ray crystallography, NMR, biophysics, nanobody technology and electron microscopy.
- With their advisor, PhD students work together with internationally recognized scientists to develop their research projects in interdisciplinary environment.
- You will have access to state-of-the-art research facilities in including biochemical labs, 300 kV JEOL cryoARM300 electron microscope with K3 detector and computational infrastructure.
- PhD students will get intensive and personalized supervision and will have access to an extensive scientific and transferable skills training programs available through our affiliated institutes.
How to apply?
Via the link below submit your application including:
- a letter of motivation describing your achievements, research interests and career goals;
- digital copies of university transcripts (Bachelor’s and Master’s);
- contact information of three references electronically.