The Liu Lab (Laboratory of Sleep and Synaptic Plasticity) at the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research, Belgium, is seeking 1-2 highly motivated postdoc candidates to join our lab.
We employ multi-disciplinary approaches, including Drosophila genetics, quantitative behavior analysis, electrophysiology, functional imaging, single-cell transcriptional profiling, and neural circuit manipulation, to understand the molecular and cellular basis of sleep and its function at the synaptic and circuit levels.
The successful candidate will investigate the roles of sleep in synaptic plasticity and the molecular mechanisms underlying these sleep-dependent processes in Drosophila (ERC founded project).
- A PhD degree (or will obtain one within 12 months) in neurobiology, neural physiology, biophysics, developmental biology or any related disciplines
- A fascination to understand complex neural systems, and enjoy performing experiments.
Desirable but not required
- Previous research experience with synaptic physiology or electrophysiology of ion channels is desirable.
- Strong technically training in patch-clamp electrophysiology or in vivo two-photon imaging is preferred.
- A computational/quantitative background with strong experience in programming (python, C++, Matlab) is a plus.
- A versatile and challenging academic position with diverse contacts in a vibrant collaborative research environment, and various opportunities to broaden your expertise.
- State-of-the-art core facilities.
- Financial support is available for at least 4 years upon successful performance.
- Starting Date: as soon as possible.
How to apply?
For more information please contact Sha Liu.
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV incl. list of publications, a motivation letter, and the contact information of three referees.