About the lab
The VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems Biology (PSB) is a world-leading plant science institute located at the heart of a renowned Plant Biotechnology campus in Ghent, Belgium. Its mission is to unravel plant biological processes and translate this knowledge into value for society.
The Plant Genome Editing group at PSB focuses on developing and implementing genome editing tools for plants. We use a variety of systems, from standard knockout approaches, to base editing, homologous recombination, and combinatorial CRISPR screens.
We are looking to recruit a highly-motivated laboratory technician to assist with the development of high-throughput assays for quantifying and optimizing genome editing outcomes in wheat. This project is funded by VLAIO in collaboration with BASF Agricultural Solutions.
- Molecular cloning (PCR, Gibson, Golden Gate)
- Preparation of media and in vitro wheat cultures
- High throughput isolation and transfection of wheat protoplasts
- Professional Bachelor degree (laboratorium technoloog) or equivalent in Biology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering
- Experience with molecular cloning and cell-based assays is required
- Experience with plant research and high-throughput systems is desirable, but not required
- Strong sense of responsibility and eager to learn new concepts and techniques, flexible in working hours.
- A good command of English, both oral and written, is essential
The 2-year laboratory technician position is available from April 1st 2020 with an internationally competitive salary and benefits. The researcher will have access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and services as well as various training and leadership opportunities to broaden expertise and skills.
How to apply?
Submit your application through the VIB application tool. Be sure it includes:
- A detailed CV
- The names and contact details of three references
- A 1-page letter of intent describing how your research experiences and interests are aligned with the position offered
Emailed applications will not be considered