The Vandenbroucke lab is looking to recruit a creative, enthusiastic, committed technician to strengthen the team in the VIB-Ghent University lab.
The ideal candidate can plan, execute, accurately perform, thoroughly document and properly evaluate experiments. He/she can discuss the results with the other team members (PhD students, postdocs, etc.) and support in the day-to-day functioning of the lab.
The selected candidate will support our activities related to brain delivery of therapeutics and screening of phage display Nanobody libraries. Cloning, engineering, expression, purification and characterization of Nanobodies will be performed on a daily basis.
Required technical skills
- Professional Bachelor degree (laboratorium technoloog) or equivalent in Biology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering.
- Familiar with standard molecular biology techniques (WB, RNA extraction, qPCR, PCR, cloning,..) and cellular biology (cell culture, transfection, immunohistochemistry).
- Knowledge on phage display technology, expression of proteins in prokaryotic or eukaryotic systems and FACS is an asset.
- FELASA B/C certificate for animal work and prior experience with working with mice is a plus.
Desirable general skills
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Team player but also capable of handling tasks independently
- Able to identify and troubleshoot problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to accurately compile and document the work (proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong sense of responsibility and eager to learn new concepts and techniques
- Since we are an international team, fluency in English (oral and written) is required
You will become part of a highly motivated team in the stimulating scientific environment of the Center of Inflammation Research (VIB/University of Ghent). You will have direct access to and training in many cutting edge technologies.
The Vandenbroucke group focuses on gut and brain barriers in inflammatory diseases and has excellent expertise in neuroinflammation, cell biology and molecular biology.
The candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits under an initial 1-year contract, which can be extended.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.