VIB Vision and HR Strategy
“Excellence in science requires a multidisciplinary, multicultural and collaborative research environment whereby open discussion and knowledge sharing are encouraged and wherein the professional development of all co-workers is considered as crucial.
The VIB HR strategy translates this challenge into the following vision, goals and action plans: “
The vision of the VIB Management Committee about its research organization
“We want VIB to be an inspiring place for research at the interface of academia and industry, offering an appreciative and collaborative environment. We share responsibility for research, celebrate our successes together and learn from our mistakes.
HR strategic Objectives 2017-2021
- Create an environment wherein people feel treated with respect, irrespective of their race, gender, religion and family situation
- Install and monitor a process for exchanging expectations and feedback
- Train and develop research leaders in their role as mentor and coach
- Offer a program for professional development for scientists and supporting staff
- Offer career guidance and support to researchers for a career either inside or outside VIB
- Coach all employees in responsible research ( ethical issues)
- Facilitate career growth for female researchers
- Recruit and retain people with the right qualifications and compose a competent and aligned research team
- Create an environment with a constant eye for the well-being of everyone: Offering ways to safely ventilate problems or potentially problematic situations in the daily work environment.
The VIB – HR Strategy incorporates the European Charter & Code and was developed in collaboration with the principles of the EU HR strategy for Science (HRS4S).