At N-Fix, we have developed a novel manufacturing process to convert residual biomass streams into valuable microbial biofertilizer or biocontrol products. Our microbial manufacturing platform targets the sustainable and cost-effective production of beneficial plant growth-promoting micro-organisms, which are currently under-utilised for row crops due to high manufacturing cost, poor shelf life and low efficacy when subjected to environmental pressures.
We're looking for a highly motivated and experienced scientist and engineer to join our team. As a key member of our manufacturing team, you will be a major contributor to shaping the future of our technology.
You will become responsible for the experimental design, setup and planning of the laboratory and pilot scale (solid-state) fermentations. Additionally, you will be involved in discussions with academic and industrial partners involved in our research projects.
- You hold a master in bioscience engineering, chemical engineering, microbiology, or related field.
- You can show solid hands-on fermentation development and scale-up experience, preferably in solid-state fermentation
- You are keen to learn/develop new techniques, expand knowledge and take on responsibilities
- You have an interest in the design of prototype installations
- Fluency in English (verbally and in writing) is mandatory, Dutch is a plus
- You have evidence of strong project management skills
- You are an enthusiastic and social person
- You can work both independently as well as in an interdisciplinary team
- You have an eye for detail, work accurately and have a great sense of responsibility
- A dynamic, international and exciting working environment with excellent perspectives for the future.
- An open-ended contract
- A suitable candidate can start immediately.
- Competitive salary depending on your experience level
- You are based at VIB Agro-incubator, situated in Deinze (near Ghent) in Belgium.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.