VIB is a world-leading center in life sciences and biotechnology, known for its excellent technology transfer. Its success is due to a unique blend of basic research and a strong focus on innovation and business. VIB is committed to driving the growth of the life sciences cluster in Flanders.
The VIB Technologies program, detailed at VIB.BE - Technologies, stands as the institute's cutting-edge research infrastructure, providing access to state-of-the-art technologies. Comprising 12 core facilities, each with specialized technological expertise located in Ghent, Leuven, or Brussels, these facilities are instrumental in supporting VIB's 1800 researchers, bolstered by a dedicated team of over 110 staff members.
In 2023, the establishment of the Technology Support Hub marked a significant milestone, aimed at professionalizing our operations and activities. This teams acts as our ‘back office’ to support the other units for operational aspects. Presently, we are actively seeking an expert to join this dynamic team, contributing expertise to further improve and professionalize our processes to make us more efficient and performant. If you are a driven professional that finds reward in understanding organizational workflows and seeking to optimize these, we invite you to be a member of our motivated team at VIB.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our operations
- Formulate a roadmap for process automation, emphasizing scalability and long-term sustainability
- Collaborate with different stakeholders within our Technologies program and operations offices at VIB
- Propose and ensure solutions that align with the overall goals and objectives of VIB Technologies
- Collaborate with relevant units to implement automation solutions.
- Conduct dissemination of information for staff to ensure the implementation of the new processes.
- Establish monitoring mechanisms to track the effectiveness of implemented enhancements.
We are seeking a candidate with the following skills:
- A1, Master’s degree or equivalent through experience
- Experience in troubleshooting processes and implementing solutions
- Expertise in carrying over information and knowledge in the context of working methods
- Ability to identify opportunities and formulate realistic and timely solutions
- Highly responsive with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Meticulous, well-organized, structured and able to autonomously plan and execute tasks
- Team player mentality
- Proficient in project management
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Experience in a life science research setting is considered an asset
If you are a proactive and detail-oriented professional with a passion for process optimization and automation, we encourage you to apply. Join our dynamic team at VIB and contribute to driving efficiency and innovation in our operations.
- Stimulating international work environment in a great team
- Open-ended contract
- Competitive salary and benefits
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
Questions can be directed to [email protected]
A complete application file (English) should contain the following documents:
- your cover/motivation letter
- your CV
- 2 references