VIB is a world-leading center in life sciences and biotechnology, known for its excellent technology transfer. Its success is due to a unique blend of basic research and a strong focus on innovation and business. VIB is committed to driving the growth of the life sciences cluster in Flanders.
The VIB Technologies program (https://vibcoreprogram.sites.vib.be/en) is the institute's research infrastructure, offering access to cutting-edge technologies. It comprises 10 core facilities, each with specific technology expertise located in Ghent, Leuven, or Brussels. These facilities support VIB's 1700 researchers with over 100 staff members.
The VIB Flow Core Leuven is a state-of-the-art facility with FACS analyzers, cell sorters, and gentle cell separators and is located at Campus Gasthuisberg, Leuven. The VIB Flow Core in Leuven plans to add a motivated staff member to support the team in enabling access to Flow Cytometry-based technology and expertise.
- Taking care of the daily maintenance and quality control of all Flow Core equipment.
- Assist in stock management, data management and the QC program of the facility.
- Train the users on the analyzers and FACS machines.
- Assist researchers with the acquisition, analysis, and presentation of their data.
- Report daily to the Head of Flow Core
- Professional bachelor in life sciences or industrial engineer, with previous lab experience
- Experience with flow cytometry, FACS, analysis software (e.g. FlowJo) is a plus
- Mindset for supporting and enabling science of other research labs through offering expertise
- Technology minded
- Can work independently
- Team player with strong social, communication and didactic skills
- Compelled to work in an international environment
- Eager to learn and adapt in a fast-evolving environment and learn new techniques
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Stimulating international work environment
- In-house training
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Open-ended contract
- Competitive salary and benefits
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
Questions can be directed to [email protected]
A complete application file (English) should contain the following documents:
- your cover/motivation letter
- your CV
- 2 references