The Laboratory for Immunology of Metastatic Ecosystems is looking for a full-time research technician to assist us with our experimental efforts. We are a young and diverse lab embedded within the VIB–KU Leuven Center for Cancer Biology and the Department of Oncology. Our ambition is to develop representative models of human metastasis in vivo and in vitro and mechanistically tackle the site-specific immunological determinants of cancer colonization.
You will be responsible for routine experimental efforts and general maintenance of the lab, including:
- Tissue cell culture and mouse tumor modeling (including injection, growth monitoring, collection, dissociation, etc.),
- Performing basic biochemical assays (ELISA, Western blot, PCR, etc.), flow cytometric analyses, and cell sorting,
- Collection and processing of tumour material from clinicians, including record keeping,
- Introduction, piloting, and troubleshooting novel methods under the guidance of PI and postdocs,
- Assistance to PhD students and postdocs with routine tasks described above,
- General day-to-day management ensuring a smooth, reproducible and safe lab, environment, and budgeting and coordination of lab consumables.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s in biochemistry, biomedical sciences, bioengineering, or equivalent,
- You have ≥2 years of experience in a research lab environment,
- You are familiar with cell culture, mouse work, and flow cytometry,
- You are willing to work independently as well as in a team,
- You communicate fluently in English (written and spoken).
- You will have access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and personalized mentorship,
- You will learn and help develop pioneering techniques and tools,
- You will work in a stimulating international research environment and opportunities for further education and career progress,
- You will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
- Starting date: March 1, 2024.
The VIB–KU Leuven Center for Cancer Biology (https://www.vibcancer.be) is one of the research departments of the VIB Life Sciences Institute within the University of Leuven, one of the world’s top 50 universities. Our diverse and international center is located on the University Hospital Campus where it hosts about 200 researchers, administrative and technical staff.
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV and motivation letter.
For more information or informal inquiries please contact Jan Remsik, [email protected]